So that our students can more clearly understand our teaching system, and continue to advance appropriately in their goals, we hold the belt advance exam once a month. The purpose of belt testing is to review and assess the student at every stage of their education, so that each student can display their abilities and review their own learning process.
Belt Testing Content and Procedures
Every level of training has different skills to gain and to master. Once the teaching staff agree a student is ready to advance to the next level, the student needs to apply and be approved for the belt test, and pay the testing fee.
You will be evaluated in the following areas:
1. Discipline, Respect, Following rules, Confidence, Attitude, Spirit, and Intensity, both at home and at the school.
2. Basic positions and stances.
3. Basic skills : kicks, blocks, strikes.
4. Forms mastery: expect to display all forms you have learned.
5. Application of skills to self-defense.
6. Strength and focus to break a target board.
Your exam results will inform and guide your education, and allow you to pass to the next level of training. You will find out if you passed your belt test in the following class, at which time you will receive your new belt and certificate.
NOTE: Please set up an evaluation progress check-up conference with your Instructor at least one week prior to testing if your current program has expired.